Cedar Park Foster Care Ministries exists to recruit Christian families to take in foster children and support Christian foster families, being obedient to God’s command to take in orphans and widows in their troubles (James 1:27) and believing in God to place the lonely in families. (Psalm 68:6) Cedar Park Foster Care Ministries desires to see a Christian community for foster children. Our goal is to have families within Cedar Park and the Christian community at large become foster-licensed for the purpose of foster-to-adopt, long term foster care, respite care, emergency placement, and drivers/supervisors for biological visits.
We have many ministries already established within Cedar Park that benefit the foster family, foster child, and biological family:
- Cedar Park Counseling Network – A group of counselors who can offer Christian counseling to foster families and their foster children.
- Foster Parent Support Group – This is a great opportunity to meet with other foster parents and be able to share some common ground, get connected with families in your area, and receive training hours. This group meets on a monthly basis.
- Biological Family Visits – To make available the children’s wing and youth rooms of Cedar Park church in order for biological visits to take place. Biological moms and dads can come in the doors of the church and have a fun appropriate place for visits with their children.
- Cedar Springs Camp – A great place for a foster child to go for a day or a week to hone skills in sports, arts and crafts, music or just have a fun week with other children in a Christian environment.
- Cedar Park Foster Prayer Group – A group of individuals within Cedar Park committed to praying for foster families, foster children, and biological families.